Terms & Conditions
Booking & Cancellation Policies
Please read our latest COVID-19 UPDATE for information on travel, bookings and the health and safety precautions we are taking for the well-being of our guests and staff at this time.
All services booked through Narracoorte Homestead are subject to the following policies which will be enforced in all circumstances. You will be required to provide credit card details as security.
As a small boutique accommodation business, late cancellations often result in an empty Cottage/homestead which has a significant impact on our business. The booking and cancellation policies stated here will apply in all situations. Therefore, travel insurance is strongly recommended for all bookings to provide adequate protection against unforeseen circumstances and cancellation of travel.
- The quickest and easiest way to book your stay with us is by booking direct online via AirBnb. There are separate listings for Ormerod Cottage, homestead and an individual room in the homestead [insert Airbnb link – NB checking with AirBnb Superhost to ‘link’ all listings together]. You will get instant confirmation and best available rates. Online bookings require full payment with credit card at the time of booking. We accept Mastercard, Visa and Amex.
- Alternatively, you can make a booking over the phone by calling Narracoorte Homestead on: +61 448 393 595.
- A 50% deposit is required to confirm your booking which can be paid with credit card or via bank transfer. Final balance payment is then due 30 days prior to arrival date; failure to arrange payment will result in cancellation of booking. For bookings made within 30 days of arrival full payment is required at the time of booking.
- Cancellations notified more than 30 days prior to arrival date will be entitled to a refund of money paid less a $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations notified less than 30 days prior to arrival date will forfeit the full amount paid.
- When a booking has been made less than 30 days prior to arrival date and cancelled the full amount paid will be forfeited.
- “No shows” – if you do not arrive and/or stay for the entire number of nights that have been booked no refund will be given.
Date changes *
- Any date changes must be made more than 30 days prior to arrival date and incur a $25 fee per change.
- Date changes cannot be made within 30 days of arrival. Such date change requests cannot be granted and the booking will be treated as a cancellation.
*COVID-19 - Flexible booking policy as of 22 July 2022: Due to the current uncertainly with travel, date changes will be able to be made on any bookings where you are unable to travel due to forced travel restrictions or sickness related to Coronavirus. Date changes will be possible at any time prior to arrival. A refund less $50 cancellation fee will only be available for bookings cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival.
For all our guests who are impacted by COVID, be it due to travel restrictions or illness, and cannot make their planned trip, we are offering our guests 3 choices:
- Change to new dates (no change of date fee charged)
- Put booking on hold and in credit to use to re-book at a later stage (no change of date fee charged) New dates will be able to be re-booked at the same rate/package that you have currently booked under. There are no restrictions or time limit on when you can rebook.
- If outside 30 days of arrival, cancel and receive a full refund less $50 cancellation fee.
While we are able to offer the above-stated flexibility for your booking, we recommend that you consider carefully that you do need to personally carry the risk of potential financial loss, travel restrictions, disruptions or delays to your stay and health risks associated with travel at this time before making your booking. If you would like to discuss our booking terms or your travel plans have been disrupted, please call us to directly to discuss your situation. P 0448 393 595.
Please read our latest COVID-19 UPDATE for information on travel, bookings and the health and safety precautions we are taking for the wellbeing of our guests and staff at this time.
Minimum stay booking policy
- A minimum 2 night stay is required mid week and weekends.
- A minimum 3 night stay is required on all long weekends.
- Where a 1 night gap between bookings arises, a 1 night stay will be available to book. 1 night stays are subject to availability.
- It is our aim to provide a peaceful escape for couples & groups of adults, looking to spend time out together to relax and recharge. Narracoorte Homestead is not a family holiday destination.
- The close proximity of the creek to the property and the historic buildings containing antiques and luxury furnishings, presents safety issues for children. Therefore, toddlers and young children older than 12 months and younger than 10 years at the time of stay cannot be accommodated in any room type.
- Infants less than 12 months of age at the time of stay are charged @ $25 per stay (please provide own cot)
- Visitors of paying guests are strictly not permitted to bring their children on site.
Excess cleaning and damages
- Smoking - permitted outdoors and away from the Homestead only. A min cleaning surcharge of $200 will apply if guests smoke inside.
- Excess cleaning - It is the guests’ responsibility on departure to leave the Homestead/Cottage tidy and in a respectable condition. Your accommodation is prepared with meticulous attention to detail. We ask you to treat our property with care and show respect for our guest services staff. If extra cleaning is necessary a minimum charge of $50 will apply.
- Damages - Any breakages or damages to goods and property is the guests’ responsibility to pay for on departure.
- Wood fires - Sufficient wood is supplied for the duration of your stay. For safety reasons, wood fires are not in use during the total fire ban season 1 Nov - 30 April.
- Due to our high occupancy, departure is strictly by 11am to allow adequate time to prepare for incoming guests. If our guest services staff are kept waiting due to late departure (where a late check-out has not been pre-arranged, prior to arrival) a charge of $50 per hour (or part thereof) will apply.
- Early check-in / late check-out can be requested prior to arrival and is subject to availability and is charged @ $20/hr.
- Narracoorte Homestead is a private property. The use of the grounds and accommodation is for the number of booked and paying guests only.
- There are no roll-away beds/sofa beds available in any of the bedrooms or Ormerod Cottage.
- Standard rate for the Homestead is based on 2 persons staying with the use of 1 bedroom only. If you wish to make use of additional bedrooms and have booked for just one couple or 2 single people you will need to advise us that you require both bedrooms.
- Two, three (and four over Spring-Autumn) room rates apply for the Homestead and must be booked accordingly before arrival. Max occupancy is 8 people in the Homestead and 2 people in Ormerod Cottage.
Group bookings, weddings, parties, events
- Narracoorte Homestead is a privately owned property. When an accommodation booking is made, the use of the accommodation and grounds is for the number of booked and paying guests only.
- Permission for the use of the property for wedding groups, family groups or friends groups must be requested and granted by the Manager, prior to making the accommodation booking.
- Management reserves the right to determine the appropriate use of the grounds and to request all persons abide by the conditions set out.
- Use of the property for wedding ceremonies, commitment ceremonies, wedding receptions, pre/post wedding gatherings; or any other party, event, function, or catering on the property can be discussed in advanced with the Manager.
- Wedding photos and bridal party preparation: If you wish to use the property for wedding photos, and/or a place for the bridal party and other persons to get ready before the ceremony, the Homestead and Ormerod Cottage must be booked by the bridal couple/wedding group (to allow total privacy for the wedding party). An extra service fee of $100 per room applies. A minimum 3-night stay is required (typically Fri, Sat and Sun nights)
- We require you to show respect and care for our property. It is the guests’ responsibility on departure to leave the accommodation tidy and in a respectable condition. While we understand that accidents can happen, Guests must notify the Manager of such incidents prior to their departure.
- A $300 Bond is payable for each room booked as security to cover any costs incurred due to any breakage; damage; loss; misuse; lack of due care; excess cleaning requirements. The Bond will be charged to your credit card on arrival day. Upon departure and inspection of property by Management, Bond is refunded within 5 working days.
- Guests are strictly NOT permitted to bring their pets to stay inside the accommodation or anywhere on the grounds.
TRAVIS | APRIL 2022
"More than a stay - the Naracoorte Homestead is a truly amazing experience. Tash is an incredible host with a wealth of knowledge and no detail is spared. We felt right at home from the minute we arrived. The property is iconic and beautifully appointed with all the creature comforts you’d hope for in a getaway. We highly recommend Tash and the Naracoorte Homestead to anyone and everyone and cannot wait to return."
MARK | APRIL 2022
"I honestly cannot hit 5 stars hard enough! Natasha was the best Airbnb host I have ever had. No problem was too hard to resolve, no issue was too difficult to solve and she was so eager and willing to make our stay as best as possible. We will be back literally as soon as we can for another stay!"
PHOEBE | MARCH 2022
"Tash is a super attentive host, she was absolutely lovely and provided everything we needed. The cottage was lovely and the history was amazing to learn."